Thursday, July 19, 2012

Just Got Lucky Series: L'oreal Professionnel Chroma Straight from Ms. Shen and L'Oreal Professionnel


Annyeonghaseyo! ^__^


Today, I'll be sharing with you my L'Oreal Chroma Straight Experience. ^__^


A few months ago, Ms. Shen, of Shen's Addiction announced the winner of the L'Oreal Chroma Straight Makeover and I received one of the best news ever! ^__^


L'Oreal Chroma Straight is a 2-in-1Treatment: L'Oreal X-Tenso Moisturist + L'Oreal Dialight. It is the latest innovation developed by L'Oreal to make hair straight and shiny. It makes straightens the hair but at the same time, makes it look a lot healthier.


Let me show you how my hair looked like before the treatment:


Rough, dry hair

Unruly and frizzy locks

A few days before my treatment... trying to get used to letting my hair down! =D

So far the best picture of me BEFORE L'Oreal Chroma Straight

Thanks to Panacea, my hair is tamed and has improved as compared to the photos below:


My entry: 2010... 2012


As you can see, my hair when I used to work in the office was like "va-va-voom"... but when I started working home-based, it was like "broom-broom!" >__<


One of the mechanics from Ms. Shen's contest was to answer the question, "Why do you need a makeover?".


Here was my winning answer:


Photo grabbed from Ms. Shen's page



I've been considering having my hair rebonded, but, ever since the last time I had my hair relaxed, and the result wasn't that good, I got kinda traumatized. Never will I set foot on a local salon to let them experiment on my locks!


It took a couple of months before I could finally experience my makeover. The people from L'Oreal Professionnel had a difficult time making a schedule for us, so, it was only more than a week ago when I finally get the chance to experience my well-deserved makeover. ^__^



The makeover was set on a Sunday, July 8th, at Envy Me Salon at Robinson's Galleria.


Sorry for the blurry photo, I took it while I was walking towards the salon. So much for being excited! =D


When we arrived at the Salon, the friendly receptionist gave me a card to fill in and asked me to wait. It didn't take long before Mr. Dani Lim, L'Oreal Master Colorist, came and checked my hair. =)


I gave him honest answers when he asked me crucial questions like when was my last hair treatment, what kind of treatment and where I had it. He explained that most salons use the thio-based solutions, that's why he asked me questions like that. =)


He also asked me if I put anything on my hair (serums, etc) at that time. =D


Then...


The magic begins! ^__^


Complimentary drink: Frothy Iced Tea

The staff offered us complimentary drinks. I went for iced tea. ^__^

1st Step: Application of L'Oreal X-Tenso Moisturist (Rebonding)


L'Oreal X-Tenso Moisturist is a kind of treatment used for taming unruly hair. It is used for making hair straight and smooth.


They applied it to my hair and waited for a good 25 minutes. It's good that they have timers so that the customer's hair won't get over-"cooked" from the chemicals.


After 25 minutes, Mr. Robert, the assistant started combing my hair and sprayed water on it.


A little later, my hair was washed thoroughly and blow-dried. It is important to wash the hair thoroughly. In fact, Mr. Dani had to make sure my hair was washed well that he had to check the roots carefully.


Blow drying the hair

Blow-drying done! ^__^


Next step: Ironing the hair


This is an important step in making the hair straight and smooth. =)


Teehee!!! =D


Oooohhh!!! Look at that!!! So smooth!!! ^__^


Almost done!


The next step was the second part of the process: Neutralizer + Dialight/Diarichesse. Mr. Dani explained that he will add Dialight/Diarichesse to the Neutralizer to cut off the time, which is a brilliant idea. =)


L'Oreal Dialight is a gloss treatment especially formulated for people who had undergone chemical hair procedures, like hair coloring, highlighting, straightening or permed. It also gives brilliant shine and rich reflects that gently makes the color of the hair vibrant. In my case, I had my hair relaxed a lot of times in the past, so, this is the treatment for me. ^__^


On the other hand, L'Oreal Diarichesse is the gloss treatment used for people who have natural or virgin hair. This makes gray hair blend with color. It is also good for people who wants to darken their hair color. It is more on giving the hair a vibrant and healthy color while making it super soft.


Neutralizer + Dialight/Diarichesse application

Taking photos while the clock ticks...

Hubby's sleepy! Hahahaha!!!



At last! Waiting time is over! They shampooed my hair one more time to get rid of the residue. Oh, by the way, The stuff they used on my hair, from the X-Tenso Moisturist to the shampoo to the Neutralizer and Gloss Treatments smelled so heavenly! Nothing that smelled like chemicals went in touch of my scalp and locks!!! ^__^


Weee!!! Final step: Blow-drying!!! ^__^


While they were blow-drying my hair, they gave me tips on how to keep my hair sleek and shiny...


Tips:
  • Since hair is rebonded, avoid tying it tightly. It will cause waves.
  • Don't wash it for the next 48 hours. It helps the ions work their wonders for a couple more days as they penetrate the hair, keeping it straight and shiny.
  • A weekly treatment is advisable to maintain the hair's softness.

Happy me and Mr. Dani Lim

When we arrived home, guess what hubby and I did...


Yes! Camwhore!!! Wahahaha!!! =D

Jagi, I'm not yet ready... -__- That's not the right facial expression!!!


Wow!!! Smooth and silky! Sleek!!! =)

Aegyo Time!!! Hahaha!!!

 

Mr. Dani advised me not to wash my hair for a couple of days, but I decided to make it three days. I washed my hair on a Thursday morning, before going to church. =)

Wet hair!

Still straight! ^__^

Happy, happy Teacher!!! ^__^


Dry Hair...


Styled fringe? Don't worry, it wasn't rebonded! ^__~


I love it that my hair is resurrected; it looks exactly my hair way back in my elementary school days! It is undeniably soft, smooth and shiny. Plus, I am raving at how naturally straight my hair has become, not stick straight, like walis tingting! =D


It really pays to let an expert handle your hair! ^__^


Now, let me end this post with my current favorite photo!!! =D



Sorry, it took me so long before I could post this! I just have to show you how my hair looked like after a week. You know me, I need "documentation"! Hahaha! (Such a nerd! Wahahaha!) ^__^


What about you? What was your last hair procedure/treatment? Care to share down in the comments box!!! 
^__^


It's Thursday! Are you excited for the weekend? 
^__^


I would like to thank again, Ms. Shen, L'Oreal Professionnel, Envy Me Salon and of course, Mr. Dani Lim and Mr. Robert for taking good care of my hair! I am so grateful for the opportunity you have given me. ^__^

I feel so pretty and refreshed now!!! Now, I don't have to worry about my hair that much! I just need to put on makeup on and I'm good to go!!! ^__~


Blog Signature2

10 comments:

Nicole P. said...

ganda ng results girl... you deserve this beauty.. :)

Angel said...

Thanks Nicole dear! In fairness, first time ko magpa-rebond! ^__^

Unknown said...

Silky straight. I love it :)

Angel said...

Thanks! I'm glad you love it, too!!! ^__^

Helen Blas said...

Super ganda! :D

Angel said...

Thanks! ^__^

ChinaDoll said...

angel, you look super pretty with your new do♥ bagay na bagay :)

Angel said...

Thanks, sis!!! Super ingat ako ngayon sa hairlalu ko! Hahaha!!! =D

WICKERMOSS said...

beautifully done!!

Angel said...

Thank you, sis!!! ^__^

Naalala ko na naman yung pretzels cravings ko... Hahaha!!! =D

View My Stats