** Pictures were only watermarked, cropped and combined in collages. No alterations, photoshop, etc. were done. =)
*** Long and intensive review. This is not a sponsored post. Item was purchased sent to me by the company and what's written here are based on my own experiences and therefore are my pure and honest opinions. I wasn't paid nor compensated to write this review.
Hello loves! I'm back with another review for you! ^__^
Last May, Garnier sent me two of their latest products, Garnier Pure Active Multi-Action Scrub and Garnier Pure Active Anti-Imperfections Cooling Roll-On. I'm not exactly sure what they were sent for, whether for the boo-boo their PR company made or for review purposes, but I tried them anyway. =)
If you noticed, I don't make reviews right away. I make sure to test out a product first before writing about them. It takes me a month or so before I give my two cents on something, more importantly if it is a skin care product. And today I will talk about the Garnier Pure Active Multi-Action Scrub. I have been using it for about 2 months now. The day that I got it, I didn't hesitate to use it as I am running out of facial wash. =D
Anyway, here are my thoughts on the Garnier Pure Active Multi-Action Scrub after two months of use... ^__^
What I love about it...
- I love the squeaky clean feel after washing. It is as if no oil or any residue is left. =)
- Dries pimples fast.
- Does help reduce whiteheads.
- Did help improve the texture of my skin.
- Eliminated imperfections, pimples and whiteheads.
- Didn't leave dark spots. It helped reduce acne bumps, spots and marks. Clear skin, it is! =)
- The tiny blue beads gives the skin a gentle scrub.
What I don't love about it...
- Although it helps prevent and eliminate whiteheads, it doesn't do much with getting rid of blackheads. =(
- Can be a bit too drying due to the salicylic acid content.
- The weird smell. It smells like something old. Well, better get used to it if you really wanna zap those zits! =D
P150 for a 100 ml tube and P85 for a 50ml tube.
Where to buy?
It is available at Watson's and Supermarkets nationwide.
Whom would I recommend this to?
Best for people battling acne like me. In my case, it isn't that worse, but I am used to my then clear skin before my PCOS. Pimples, whiteheads, blackheads and bumps appear from time to time. Yeah! Blame it all to PCOS and hormonal imbalance! TT__TT
4 out of 5
Does it's job nicely but I hope they could make it also work well on eliminating blackheads. That way, everything is all cleared! =)
- If you want a thorough scrub, just use your fingers. You may use a facial sponge but you won't feel the beads working.
- Wore heavy makeup? Wash up twice to be sure you have gotten rid of all makeup, oil and the grime accumulated in your skin.
- Be sure to moisturize after washing your face with this scrub. Like what I said, it can be quite drying. You wouldn't want dry skin, right? =)
- What I do is i let it sit on my skin for a minute or while I take a bath. It helps in making the active ingredients do their job, therefore drying up the acne stat! =)
- Down to the last squeeze? Cut the tube in half and scrape the leftover product. Once you cut the tube, you'll see that there's plenty of product left in the tube. Now that's getting your money's worth to the last cent! ^__~
- Although this product works well in eliminating imperfections, some stubborn whiteheads and blackheads would still love to stay underneath the surface of your skin. So, it pays to have a facial cleaning to be sure to be able to get rid of them.
- Invest in good skin care products that works best for your skin type. It doesn't have to be expensive, as long as they work well for you. =)
- Visit your dermatologist to be sure that your skin is really in good hands. They know what's best for you. Plus. they could help you trace the root of your acne. ^__~
After a week; Notice the bumps on my left cheek? They subsided after a week of use. =)
Some redness and a few imperfections still appear since I have hormonal imbalance but I think it'll work perfectly with people who doesn't have the same condition that I have. =)
July 4th (Close up)
Almost clear! The only imperfection left is this bump on my left cheek. Why is it shiny? I used Garnier Anti-Imperfections Cooling Roll-On on it. =)
So far, I am loving my skin's texture and appearance today. ^__^
I wish that bump goes away! =D
The next item that I'll be reviewing is the Garnier Pure Active Anti-Imperfections Cooling Roll-On. =)
Do you have acne problems? Do you know the root cause of it? Have you tried this new product from Garnier?
Do share your experience down at the comments section! I would love to know your stories! ^__^