*Pictures taken with my old and retired P990i and my sister-in-law's digicam.
** Pictures were only watermarked, cropped and combined in collages. No alterations, photoshop, etc. were done. =)
*** Long and intensive review. This is not a sponsored post. Item was purchased by my own money and what's written here are based on my own experiences.
I bought this product way back in September 2010. If you've been a reader of mine for a long time, you may have read about my old post about this. If not, you can find it here. You'll also notice how my stash has grown. ^__^
I got enthusiastic about BB Creams four years ago, when I started working for Koreans. =D I just got curious about their skin secrets, since about 99% of them have perfect, glowing and beautiful skin! I might have been exaggerating, but all of my students, even the Ahjummas (adult ladies) ones have really P-E-R-F-E-C-T skin! So I researched on what they do to their clear and beautiful skin. I was also amazed at how natural their makeup turns out. Looked like a lot of Korean women were so into skin care, and it's not a joke keeping their skin clear and smooth.
One of the things I learned about them is, instead of using foundations, they use BB Cream, or Blemish Balm Cream. People thought BB Creams originated in Korea, since Koreans popularized the use of it, but in fact, it originated in Germany. It was initially given to laser surgery patients to help treat, soothe and protect their skin. What's good about it was, it served as makeup to them as it gave them the right coverage to hide their marks while it heals.
WARNING: PICSPAM OF MY HORRIBLE FACE (kekeke~)
Not advisable to view when you're eating because it might cause you to choke! >__<
Bare face, without moisturizer
Bare face, with moisturizer
My skin is currently in a bad state again, blame it to the greedy insects (mosquitoes, etc.) that love feasting on my blood.
Dot, dot, dot! =D
Some marks are still visible.
Redness have lessened a bit...
Note: When I get insect bites on my face, the bite/bump turn into pimples! TT__TT
The insect bites aren't as red as they were before application! =)
Other marks were concealed better with second layer of BB Cream.
Insect bites almost unnoticeable.
Skin is more smoother in appearance.
Waaah! My face is so round! XD
Omo! Do you think two layers is enough? What do you think?
Omo~! My skin looks so smooth, glowy and dewy here!!! - If not because of the still prominent insect bite on my right cheek! -__-
Almooost... almost gone... It really can't conceal the intense redness of that spot! Let's just wait for it to rest and settle on my skin...
This side looks good already!
Ready for church! (I took these photos at 5am, before I go to church, hence the messy hair!) >__<
AFTER 1.7 HOURS
Let's check what happens after 1.7 hours...
Skin looked more calm and clear...
Wow! My skin looks so smooth and dewy!
Marks are less visible.
I wore only this BB Cream + lip balm to church to show you what happens after several hours. My face looked bright, smooth and dewy; however, it doesn't match the color of my neck. -__-
What I love about it...
- Multi-functional. Works in many ways: foundation, make-up base, concealer, moisturizes, UV protection, improving appearance of fine wrinkles, and brightens skin tone.
- A little goes a long way.
- Coverage depends on how much layers you'll apply. In this review I put on three layers of it so I can conceal (even a bit) of my blemishes.
- Worked well on my skin tone. =)
- Sealed. It's nice that they have the end of the nozzle sealed for hygenic purposes. Plus points! ^__~
- 50 ml. lasted me almost a year and a half! =D
- Easy to find, as you can purchase them at SM Department stores and Watson's.
- Affordable! For 50 ml and all its benefits, you're getting your money's worth!
What I don't love about it...
- Although it worked on my skin tone, it still creates white cast (Boo! Mumu!!! =D).
- Creases on crevices (like the undereyes) when not evenly blended
- It took seven long hours before it could start looking natural on my skin.
- Feels a little heavy and sticky if you pile on layers of it. A layer will feel a bit fine, but if you need more coverage like I needed to, you would have to deal with it's heavy feel.
- Packaging. The shiny plastic packaging is kinda tacky, making it look, well… nevermind! Anyway, it doesn't bother me at all! What matters for me is the product inside! =D
I got it for P659 (September 2010) I am still not sure if how much it costs now. =)
Where to buy?
Available in Watson's and leading department stores nationwide.
Whom would I recommend this to?
- are eager to try BB Creams
- want to skip foundation
- want are always on the go, since it's multi-functional (moisturizing, sun protecting, prettifying! =D)
- on a tight budget
4.5 out of 5
*Clap, clap, clap!!!*
- Be sure to blend the product well. Be sure to make it sink and blend in to your skin first. Give time to make it oxidize. If not, you'll make the same mistake I did before. You wouldn't want to look like a floating head in pictures, right? -__-
- Apply some to your neck, so that your face and neck color matches! =D
My hubby and me during his sister's 1st birthday...
He said that he overheard his niece tell his aunt, "Tito's wife is so beautiful!"
When I saw these pics, I got worried... didn't she notice I look like a floating pretty face? >__<
I hope not! XD
Click this link to read a bit and see my EOTN that night. ^__^
- If your skin is not the oily type, you can wear it as it is. It'll help give you a dewy glow.
- Better be careful in squeezing out the product. It is a little runny as compared to other BB Creams.
- Pat on some powder if you want to keep it matte.
- Be sure to double cleanse at the end of the day to avoid getting acne. Some people complain about BB Cream breaking them out. Any kind of cosmetics will break you out if you forget to cleanse well and remove stubborn dirt from your face. Removing make-up should be as thorough and precise as putting them on. ^__~
Pics and Swatches:
1st Pic: No BB Cream.
2nd Pic: with BB Cream
Pics from top to bottom: With make-up
(This was taken almost a year and a half ago... =D That's how long my review had been sitting on the hard drive, waiting for her turn...)
Taken last November 17th
After a couple of hours after application: My face looked dewy and dreamy! ^__^
Not even Korean Idols can escape the "Ghost of the White Cast"! XD
So, there you go! That's my intensive review on the Purederm Magic BB Cream. I hope you like and find it useful! ^__^
Have you tried this BB Cream before? What's your experience in using it?