Friday, January 13, 2012

The Nivea Experience: A Five Day Challenge

Day 1 - January 09, 2012



I know that I am not getting any younger. I love checking my face for stuff that are there and aren't even there. When I saw my forehead, I noticed that it's high time that I start using a cream that will help fight the fine lines that are starting to show up.

I suddenly remember the Nivea gift pack I got from Mrs. Martinez. I decided to take this challenge of using the Nivea Visage Q10 Plus Anti-Wrinkle Day Cream and DNAge Cell Renewal Firming Eye Cream and see if these products are worth the Holy Grail status.

After my 30 minute bath, I grabbed the boxes from the royal blue paper bag that Mrs. Martinez handed me several months ago as a prize in one of her contests. I massaged the Nivea Visage Q10 Plus Anti-Wrinkle Day Cream on my face and waited for it to be absorbed. Surprisingly, it didn't take me a long time to wait for the product to sink into my skin. It was only a matter of seconds! However, I saw some red patches on my cheeks and got a bit scared. I decided not to panic and observe it, since it didn't give me any kind of tingling or itchy sensation. The red patches subsided and the cream was so light that I almost forgot that I have it on.

On the other hand,  Nivea Visage DNAge Cell Renewal Firming Eye Cream was also light. It was also absorbed quickly by the skin around my eye area. However, it gave me a little stinging sensation afterwards.

 

At the end of the day, I can still feel my skin is moisturized but not greasy. =)




Day 2 - January 10, 2012

When I woke up this morning, I felt that my face seems to be hydrated, without the usual heavy and greasy feeling in the morning.  I washed my face and since I got early morning classes, I decided to skip the cream and reserve it after bath time. 

Pre-shower, I stared at my face in the mirror and my face looks and feels moisturized. Wow. Looks like my HG Moisturizing cream will be beaten!  =D

I like the texture of Nivea Visage's creams. On the contrary, what I don't like much about it is the fragrant smell that the Day Cream has. Let's see if my nose would get the hang of it in the long run… =)

Update on eyes (08:35pm):

Still stinging… =(

I guess I better be careful in applying it around my eye area. o__O





Day 3 - January 11, 2012

I noticed that the very fine lines that I see on my forehead are becoming less noticeable. Okay, they're only noticeable when you take a very close look. Yeah, I'm OC like that. =D

The pores on the sides of my nose are becoming less noticeable, too. It's only my 3rd day of using it and I'm loving it. I think my skin just needs more moisture that's why the lines showed up. My face routine would just be, well, washing it… there's really no routine. Last year, I tried to have a simple routine of wash-tone-moisturize but then, I had break-outs. So, I stopped. But I guess those break-outs were caused by the stress I had while preparing for the wedding.

As for the eye cream, I carefully applied it into the outer part of the eye area to avoid the stinging sensation. Guess what? Less stinging sensation! ^__^


Day 4 - January 12, 2012

I applied this early in the morning because I have to go to church by 5:30am. I don't want to look so tired, so I did the following:

  1. Washed my face with my House of Obagi Gentle Cleanser.
  2. Toned my face with House of Obagi Toner. Instead of using a cotton ball in applying it, I poured an ample amount and patted it on my face.
  3. After letting it sink in, I applied Nivea  Visage Q10 Plus Anti-Wrinkle Day Cream and DNAge Cell Renewal Firming Eye Cream, massaging it and patting it on my face and neck.
  4. I waited for a little less than five minutes and applied my Purederm Magic BB Cream, blending it carefully. I used small portions of it because I want a natural look. I skipped concealer because I got less blemishes now. All I did was pack on a little BB Cream on some of my spots.
  5. I applied a little Nichido Final Powder on my face and a little of my e.l.f studio Blush on my cheeks.
  1. I took my Fanny Serrano Soft Eye Pencil in Brown and lightly filled in my brows then brushed it with a spoolie for natural looking brows.
  2. On my lips, I used Fanny Serrano's Moisturific Lipstick in Frost Rose and topped it with Tears Sweet Vita Gloss in OR202 (Orange). And I'm done! ^__^

It took me only about 10 minutes to do my make-up. It's good that this moisturizer quickly sinks into the skin. Usually, you have to wait for five minutes to let the product be absorbed before you can apply make-up. But with Nivea  Visage Q10 Plus Anti-Wrinkle Day Cream and DNAge Cell Renewal Firming Eye Cream, less waiting time = more time saved for other things! ^__^


Day 5 - January 13, 2012

Last night, I washed my face with Etude House Happy Tea Time Cleansing Foam to wash out the make-up I wore throughout the day.

When I woke up this morning, I only washed my face with water and went ahead with my class. While waiting for my student, I decided to check on my skin because it felt so moisturized.  The pores on the sides of my nose have shrunk! Okay, not that much but my cheeks is so dewy but not looking and feeling greasy.

The fine lines that start to show up near my eyes are lesser now. My skin is so hydrated now and it feels  very supple.

I guess I have deprived my face of the moisture it needed.

I'm glad to have tried the Nivea  Visage Q10 Plus Anti-Wrinkle Day Cream and DNAge Cell Renewal Firming Eye Cream. It's so rare that I've used facial creams and moisturizers. So far, I'm loving these creams! ^__^


I'll make a full review of this soon! ^__^



Disclaimer: Products given as gifts. The author is not paid to write this post. All information written are based solely on author's personal experiences.


Blog Signature2

No comments:

View My Stats