Monday, March 11, 2013

The Return of the Jedi... Or Not! =D

A Jedi? Hahaha! How I wish! But I have to be a padawan first... =D


Anyway, this post has nothing to do with becoming a Jedi Knight or what. I just want to announce that...


I'M BACK! ^__^


If you noticed, I've been out of the blogging scene for the past two months. It was sad for me, but I had to stop for a while and take a break. With all the things on my plate now, I just have to take things slowly.


Last year, I've been contemplating on finally taking a big leap and apply in a public school. It had been five years since I graduated and I passed the Licensure Examination for Teachers (LET). I think I am done with my obligation to my family and It's high time that I practice what I prepared for, my dream of teaching. =)


It's a big leap for me, because for five long years, I got used to working with and for Koreans. I must admit, I got comfortable with this kind of set-up. Go online, teach, make monthly reports at the end of the month. For almost three years of working from home, I finally made a decision of reaching for my dream of being called a "(Professional) Teacher". But I had to accomplish a lot of things before I could enter my target school. So, imagine me doing these:

Waking up at 3:45 am to assist the hubby
Going back to sleep at 4:00 am.
Waking up at 5:30 to prepare for my first class.
Class starts at 6:00* am.
Next class at 6:30 am.
Break for 30 minutes.
Classes resume. 7:30 am, 8:00 am, 8:30 am and 9:00**. 
Break at 10:00.
Run to PRC, NBI, etc to accomplish necessary documents.
Back before my 2:00 pm class.
Break for 30 minutes.
Class for 50 minutes at 3:00.
Classes resume at 5:30pm and finishes at 11pm. (yes, 5 and a half hours.)
Sleeptime at around 11:30 pm.

*Most of my classes lasts for 25 minutes. 
**50-minute class

Hectic? Super! Haha! I must admit, it was tiring but I found it fun! For three years of staying at home and rarely going out, I found it adventurous! Hahaha! Calculating the time, moving quicker than usual and going to places I've never been before made it very exciting! Add up the trysts that I had with my hubby! "Sneaking out" to meet him somewhere near his office after his shift or meeting him at the mall and having a meal with him is rewarding! =D So, imagine the adrenaline rush when my class time is nearing, like 1 hour or the most is 30 minutes before the class! =D


Look at those papers! I had more of them!!!

Help me, Book of Virtues! =D

The day I was planning to search for a topic for my demo, I got a message that my interview and demo would be the next day! So much for preparing ahead of time, noh? Hahaha! My "plan-ahead-of-time" became "cram-ahead-of-time"... TT__TT

I ended up making two lesson plans. The first one was turned down by my grandma-in-law (who is a retired public school principal). Everything was good; objectives, motivation, activities... except the lesson itself. Wondering why? I got the lesson from the book above, The Book of Virtues. What's wrong with it? My grandma-in-law said that the lesson must be taken from a local book, one that is used in the public school. I felt a bit sad because the lesson was really good. Has anyone read the poem by Joy Allison, "Which Loved Best"? If not, let me share it with you...

Which Loved Best 

by Joy Allison

"I love you mother," said little John; 
Then, forgetting work his cap went on, 
And he was off to the garden swing, 
Leaving his mother the wood to bring. 

"I love you, mother," said rosy Nell; 
"I love you better than tongue can tell;" 
Then she teased and pouted full half the day, 
Till her mother rejoiced when she went to play. 

"I love you, mother," said little Fran; 
"today I'll help you all I can; 
How glad I am that school doesn't keep!" 
So she rocked the baby till it fell asleep. 

Then stepping softly, she took the broom, 
And swept the floor, and dusted the room; 
Busy and happy all day was she, 
Helpful and cheerful as child could be. 

"I love you, mother," again they said - 
Three little children going to bed; 
How do you think that mother guessed 
Which of them really loved her best? 


Which loved her best? The lesson is good, only that the resource is not a-okay. So, I had no choice but to pick another topic. I found Aesop's Fable, "The Lion and The Mouse" from one of the books of our house maid's Grade 3 daughter.


I had to multi-task big time so, I was thinking of activities while writing my lesson plan while teaching my students. After my classes. I had to get my lesson plan printed. That night, I told myself that I'd give myself only two hours to work on my visual aids. I failed. =D


Vocabulary word number 1: Pleaded


It took me a lot of time working on my visual aids because I had to draw a lot. It was a story telling technique, so, I thought of drawing some of the important parts of the story. I have not practiced my drawing skills for a long time so my hand hurt a lot after all the writing and drawing my visual aids! =D


Truth is, I didn't have sleep when I had my demo and interview. =D


So, what better way to cover up those panda eyes and my shyness? Makeup!!!


FOTD 022613: Impromptu Demo and Interview 
I think this is the only FOTD I was able to take that day... Sigh!

Now, I gotta make a schedule of things to blog about. So many blog posts! The challenge now is, to be able to write about the backlogs during my free time. Why a challenge? Our nanny resigned. Because of that, I am obliged to look after the babies and help around the house chores as much as I can. We have a new (not new anymore, this is the third time she'll work for us) rehouse helper now, hope that helps.


I CAN DO THIS!!! =D


Wish me luck on my application, my dears! The result would come out this April 8th. Please, please, pretty please pray for me.


What do you want me to blog about? Do you have any requests? ^__^


See you around! Have a happy Monday!!! ^__^


Blog Signature2

6 comments:

Sarvin Sidhu said...

welcome back! looking forward to read your blog post x

xo Sarvin
http://classypyt.blogspot.com/

Sarvin Sidhu said...

welcome back! looking forward to read your blog post

xo Sarvin
http://classypyt.blogspot.com/

Cheryl F. said...

It is always the best to pursue your dreams. It's never too late for that. Goodluck on your application :)

- found you on GiG!

http://www.goddessindisguise.com

Angel said...

Thanks, dear! Welcome to my blog! ^__^

Gellie Abogado said...

Welcome back to blogging :)

xoxo,
Gelleesh.com

Angel said...

Thanks! Keep visiting, ha! ^__^

View My Stats