Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Tis' The Time of The Year... Tips for Graduating Beauties!


Wondering why the title is like that? Well, it's the Graduation season in the Philippines! Four years ago, I have marched my way to the stage, and tearfully accepted my diploma. It was such a happy feeling! That moment made me feel so fulfilled, considering the hardships that I have experienced. 

Okay. enough of that. Although I want to recall how it felt that time, I'll refrain myself. I don't want you to feel all upset about the hardships I've gone through. Hehe...

This is my Graduation look. What follows are a few facts and some tips on how I achieved it. ^__~

My Graduation FOTD and HOTD

Let me recall how I did the makeup look above...

MAKEUP:

1. Makeup base - I want to make my makeup stay longer. It also helped make the application of mousse foundation smoother. =)
2. Foundation - This helped even out my skin tone and conceal some minor blemishes. Actually, I really didn't have much blemishes that time. =)
3. Concealer - Concealed my undereyes. I suffered a lot of sleepless nights due to demos and a lot of stuff prior to the event. I also slept a little the night before the graduation. Teehee! =D
4. Pressed powder - This "sealed" the foundation and gave a nice matte finish.
5. Eyeshadow - I went for browns, my go-to shadow color. 
6. Eyeliner - I lined the top and bottom lash line with black liner pencil, smudged it a bit to make it look soft. 
7. Mascara - Mascara will never be out of my list way back in College. My friends would always compliment my eyes as well as my long, fluttery lashes way back then. I curled my lashes well and coated it with about 2 swipes of mascara. =)
8. Blush - I guess I applied too much of it. Teehee! Anyway, I think it's just fine since my eyes and lips were muted. Nevertheless, be sure to blend your blusher well. You won't want to look punched on your graduation day. =D
9. Lipstick and Lipgloss - I went for pink lipstick and lipgloss. I used my Avon Simply Pretty lipstick in Buttercup. =)


HAIR:
(Courtesy of my sister-in-law)
1. Curled hair using a curling rod.
2. Gathered hair from the crown and made a tiny bouffant.
3. Pinned hair securely at the back of the bouffant.
4. Accessorized with cute hair pins.
5. Set with hairspray.


FACTS:

  • I barely slept in preparation for my graduation day. I think I slept for only an hour and a half. = D
    I know! I know! I should have had my beauty rest but I can't help it! I don't want to look so plain and drab on one of the best days of my life!!!
  • My sister-in-law helped me with my hair.
  • We had our celebration done at my hubby's (my then boyfriend) house. His family prepared every thing! 
  • My "guest of honor" is none other than the emcee of our graduation ceremony, our College Dean...! (Bongga!) Every one at home was surprised that I was able to take the dean with me. Hehehe... (Random fact: that dean was so close to our hearts that she was part of our wedding entourage - a dream she had ever since she learned that hubby and I started dating. Hehehe...)

TIPS:
  • Allow yourself to have time to rest. Get eight hours (or more) of sleep if you can! ^__^
  • It's good to have someone to help you around. It helps save some time. =)
  • Be sure to think of what you want to look like on your graduation day. I, in particular, have expected that most of my batchmates would wear heavy make-up (Read: with pops of color). I have nothing against it, but, it depends on how a person should wear it and of course, the occasion. I want to look polished that day, so, I opted to go with neutrals: I went on with my classic go to look: browns.
  • Wear sheer to full coverage makeup, depending on your needs. Be sure that it'll last all through out the ceremony. As far as I can remember, I think I used San San Makeup Base then topped it with Avon's Mousse Foundation. I set it with Avon's Simply Pretty Pressed powder. 
  • For a safe and classic look, go for neutrals: Browns, grays, black, silver, skintone colors. As much as possible, avoid wearing too much color on occasions like this. =)
  • Be sure to carry a pack of oil-blotting sheets and tissue with you. Also, bring few things in your makeup kit in case your makeup budged because of crying! =D

There you go! I hope these tips help! ^__^


I am thinking of recreating my graduation look... 

Hmmm... what do you think? 

Maybe I have to make one. =D


Blog Signature2

No comments:

View My Stats