Thursday, March 15, 2012

Book Haul

Aigoo! I didn't know I still haven't posted this! O__O 


After our spur of the moment "dinner date" last January 1st, we decided to drop by National Book Store just a few restaurants away from Inasal at Iba Pa (click the link for the review).


Seeing that they are having a sale, we browsed at the books that were displayed outside. For sure, there's something interesting to find.


Guess what? We did find something!


Well, not for us but for...


My grandfather!

The Life of Elvis Presley

My grandfather is a big fan of Elvis Presley and I'm pretty sure that he'll love this. He has a small collection of Elvis stuff at home.

Young Elvis strutting his stuff... He's so handsome!!! =D

Can you guess how much we got this book for?


It's only…. P50!


From P1,155 to P144.25 to P50!


So, hubby told me to quickly grab it. We decided to go inside and buy something for ourselves. I told my hubby that I want to start collecting TESL/ESL books. Sadly, we were not able to find any good TESL/ESL book (or maybe we didn't search good enough). A little later on, he saw this book and handed it to me.

Edith Hamilton's Mythology: Timeless Tales of Gods and Heroes

I have read this book way back in the university. We had a subject called "Mythology and Children's Literature" and we were required to read this book. I only borrowed a book from his classmate that's why I don't have my own copy. I've been very interested in Mythology even before entering the university. My grandfather has a hardbound mythology book (of a different author) and I used to read it. Being too interested with it, I used to dream about giving a Greek name to my future baby (or babies) because of its uniqueness.

Yay! My own copy!!! ^__^

 


Lastly, hubby was looking for Bob Ong's new book. I saw it from a friend's post in Facebook but sadly, I forgot the exact title at that moment. I remember the cover though.


Unfortunately, we were browsing the cahiers' counters  but they really don't have copies of the new book.


So, we decided to keep wandering around the bookstore and he opted to pick this...


 Pugad Baboy 5


Pugad Baboy 5 Special Signed Copy
Pol Medina Jr.! It's almost the same as having an autograph!!! =D


We got this for only P99!




By the way, for those who didn't know Pol Medina Jr. or the Pugad Baboy Series, it is a popular comic series way back in the 90's. =D


We went home with these...




After a couple of weeks, I teased hubby about the latest Bob Ong book, "Lumayo Ka Nga Sa Akin". He started bugging me about buying it and wanted to go back into collecting all of his books. I read some of Bob Ong's books, that's why I know why the hubby is crazy over them. Being the nice wife, I agreed. So, right after he went out from work, he went to Megamall to buy his books.


Hubby's "new" collection

ABNKKBSNPLAKO?!: Mga Kwentong Chalk ni Bob Ong


Ang Paboritong Libro Ni Hudas




Hubby now have the latest Bob Ong book… I suppose he's now a happy hubby! ^__^ 



Lumayo Ka Sa Akin



New books... =)

 


Hubby enjoying his Pugad Baboy Comic Book...



Y U look serious while reading a funny comic book? Hehehe... >__<


Now, I get to use the pretty bookmark my student sent me last year...

 
So pretty... ^_^

My hubby and I love books and we both want to have a mini-library when we have our own house.


How about you? Do you love reading? Can you recommend some books for me and my man?


Feel free to suggest below! ^__^



Blog Signature2

4 comments:

ChicSassyMom said...

Awww....I have the Greek Myth book too. After watching movies like Troy etc., I often refer back to it. Happy Reading! :)

Angel said...

Mas okay kasi basahin... Kaya nga whenever hubby and I watch Mythology-related movies, we discuss it and get annoyed when the storyline is changed - even a single detail... a fine example was the remake of the "Clash of the Titans"... andaming discrepancies dun, especially if you'll compare it to the original version and from the book... hehehee...

English Major din kasi si hubby kaya we get to discuss stuff like Mythology and Literature... =D

ChinaDoll said...

The first time I read Edith Hamilton's Greek Mythology was when I was in HighSchool and I immediately fell in love with the characters, and read it again when I was in college it I always end up fascinated and amazed by their wonderful stories. :)I have pugad baboy series too, my sister used to collect them. :) Sis, try to read Mortal Instruments Series by Cassandra Clare, I highly recommend it! :)

Angel said...

Thanks! Will definitely check that, sis!!! ^__^

View My Stats