Monday, April 12, 2010

I love my Job but...

I love my job. I definitely love my job.
On the other hand, it has been stressing me a lot. No, not the job, but the work atmosphere. I have been working in this company for over a year already and I was even awarded with the "Best Teacher (with the most number of Good Comments)" last year. I love teaching and I love my students, too. I used to be very productive when I was in the morning shift. I was able to come up with lots of ideas for my class. I always had an activity for each student every day. That was six months ago. That was history.
Fast forward to this day. I feel so bored, so lifeless, so uninspired. I always feel so tired and bad, as in, literally, I always experience body pain. Thanks to the brainchild of the new rules. Thanks to the K-9 blocking thing that stops me from searching other useful materials for class. Thanks for new questionable rules and policies. Thanks for the other teachers who abuse the use of the internet. Memos are flooding and management had become annoyingly strict.
As Honey and I were walking our way back to the office, I mentioned that I want to resign already. I was surprised to hear him say, "Me too". He has been in this company for over three years and had been promoted to GL and then Trainer. I think he also feels that the work atmosphere is becoming different. Okay, both of us are very much okay with the management (from the President to the HR), but there are some people from the management that makes our jobs a lot difficult. And as much as I wanted to prevent it, it makes me hate them each time they set a new (and nonsense) rule. It makes me hate them because they set standards and rules that they themselves cannot even follow. Alright, let's say, they're part of management and they are exempted to the rule - but hello! At least, set good examples for others to follow!
I told my Honey that maybe we shouldn't quit right away, since his mom is still under treatment and we're still saving up for the wedding. We would follow our old plan - save up a little more, then apply in a High School. When we get hired, we will give up this job.
I don't know what's up with those people. But I think they should consider others who love their jobs and work hard to improve the quality of teaching.
We are not robots. We are teachers who wanted to help students learn, like what we are supposed to do.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chill...

Angel said...

How can I? I really want to quit... I'm getting sick of this... ='''''(

View My Stats